There were 6 entries that gained our highest award(s).
| Di Pacey – Highly Commended
| Edi Payrleitner – Highly Commended
| Edi Payrleitner – 2nd Place
| Trevor Howard – 1st Place
| Ashley Smith – Highly Commended
| William Wright – 3rd Place
by Kate Tinson, April 10, 2019
Congratulations to our 2018/19 photo competition winners. Well deserved.
1st Place – Ian Marriner
2nd Place – Will Wright
Thank you to everyone for the wonderful images over the last 12 months. Looking forward to your new point score year of entries which starts this month (April).
by Kate Tinson, April 10, 2019
Last category for 2018/2019
March 2019 – Temperate Waters
NEW CATEGORIES 2019/2020
April 2019 – Open (and State of Origin with WAUPS TBA)
May 2019 – Macro / Super Macro
June 2019 – Open
July 2019 – Wide Angle
August 2019 – Open
Sept 2019 – Animal Behaviour
Oct 2019 – Open
Nov 2019 – Patterns
Dec 2019 – Open
Jan 2020 – Natural Light
Feb 2020 – Open
March 2020 – Shootout
by Kate Tinson, February 5, 2019
Hi Snappers members,
Thank you for another wonderful year of gorgeous ‘big blue’ photos.
Peace and goodwill to all over the coming season.
by Kate Tinson, December 23, 2018
When organising your November “Creative” entries (creative includes “Altered Reality”) please adhere to the rules as set out below:
The image may be of any subject matter and must obviously display a change in natural color, form, shape or any combination of these three. All images must be original and may not incorporate elements produced by anyone else. Artwork or computer graphics generated by the entrant may be incorporated if the original photographic content predominates. Images may not be constructed entirely within a computer. (PSA)
- The image may be based on either a single capture or a combination of images. It should present a scene that is not a real or truthful representation of the subject matter or situation depicted as the eye would see it.
- The image must obviously display a change in natural colour, form, shape, or any combination of these three. The image should demonstrate both photographic skill and creative ideas. The use of filters to enhance or distort images in Photoshop or other software is permitted.
- Creative montages (a blending or composite of multiple images) are allowed by High Dynamic Range (HDR) images without further changes are not considered creative/altered reality.
- All photographic components of the image, including textures, must originate as photographs taken by the member entering the image
- The use of clip or any other images originally created by someone other than the member entering the image is not permitted
by Kate Tinson, November 7, 2018
The guru Bill Chambers will be giving his in demand presentation “Colour Perception”. We will start on time at 6pm for this.
Exec are bringing laptops and we will group work resizing images and getting the best quality. Everyone can have a go.
Photoshop – for the initiated
Photoshop Elements – old copies are available on the web
Lightroom – for the initiated
Faststone – for those who want to use a good quality free domain program without fussing.
Hope to see you all there October 9th.
by Kate Tinson, September 28, 2018
Snappers September 11th Meeting
Erika is an experienced scuba diver whose dream was to one day dive in Antartica. So she organised the trip of a lifetime for her special birthday.
Please come along for this special presentation by Erika who will explain the training and planning she did to make this incredible trip a reality.
She will take us on a photo/video and narrative journey to the cold and spectacular regions where few have dived before.
by Kate Tinson, September 1, 2018